Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sun Sounds of Arizona


I knew I was in the right place as soon as I walked through the front door. Claire greeted me with a smile. I could hear the radio playing but it wasn’t the usual music. Instead, there was someone reading. That’s what the 150 volunteers do every day for Sun Sounds of Arizona. Today, anyone celebrating Tucson’s 234th birthday had a chance to watch a live radio broadcast and received a studio tour which included sound rooms, a communications room and more.


Not too long after my arrival, there was a group from Tucson Community Connections. After they finished the tour, Claire cut them birthday cake with strawberry filling. Listening to a comforting voice and eating cake-a great way to celebrate Tucson’s birthday.

---/Tina Johnson

No comments: