Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday Cake with the Ghosts


It always happens. Just when you think you really don’t need to buy anything else, you see that one more thing you need, not just want but need. So, when I visited the 22nd Street Antique Mall, I realized there was something that I needed and a lot more that I wanted. But I was there to celebrate Tucson’s 234th birthday.

There had been a good number of people wanting to share birthday cake with ghosts. I don’t know how many ghosts there were but there were at least three different types of birthday cakes to enjoy.

I was one of the lucky ones who also received a small scroll detailing the history of Tucson. It was certainly worth the trip. I left with my scroll, some cake and that one item that I needed.

---/Tina Johnson

No comments: