Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Free Pima Air and Space Museum


Today the Pima Air and Space Museum was offering free admission to Tucson residents in celebration of Tucson's birthday! The kids and I raced over there after school to just make the last admission time. (It looked like we weren't the only ones trying to beat the clock...) Then the fun began! The younger kids and I had never been to the museum before. What a sight! We were really impressed at the amount of aircraft and spacecraft they had on display. Equally impressive were the types of hands-on displays for the kids. Even my two year old daughter was excited and kept commenting about "loving the cool planes". The only bad part was that we ran out of time to see everything as thoroughly as my 7 year-old (and I) would have liked. We have vowed to return when we have more time to really check things out! What a great museum we have right here in Tucson, and what a great way to celebrate Tucson's birthday!

--BT

No comments: